I am using the desktop version and on a local project. Every time I move my camera or if I come back to the application (not closed just switched to say google) it has to re-render/reload the model. Is there a way to stop this? I used Zookeeper to build it so I’m not sure if the multiple parts aren’t “welded” together so it has to reload them as if they are separate or what. Any thoughts?
We have a default timeout of the engine stream connection after 5 minutes of inactive use. After these 5 minutes when you come back to the 3D scene it must reconnect and reload the model since it was disconnected.
Makes sense, but why does it do it even when I just want to move the camera to see the project as a whole?
Huh, I looked at the code it is actually 1 minute not 5 minutes right now.
The stream should have a frozen image of the last frame from the stream. The entire 3D rendering is done on the cloud. If you want to move the camera you need a stream there and when it goes idle (disconnects) you do not have a stream.
In reality the idle mode is complete disconnection from a stream to free resources.
well 1 minute could explain why its lagging SO hard. I have a lot of parts and it takes FOREVER (more than 1 min) to load the rendering and then when it does the camera is zoomed in and so I have to move it/zoom out which causes it to completely re-render.
Yeah, that is a bad feedback loop. If you wait for render it doesn’t finish in the minute then you come back to start over again. I’ll talk to the team.